BMO Announces Donation and Relief Program to Support Communities Affected by Wildfires in BC
BMO today announced a donation of $50,000 to the Canadian Red Cross BC Fires Appeal to support communities and residents affected by the wildfires in British Columbia.
“Our thoughts are with everyone affected by these devasting fires. As British Columbians, we are in this together and are here to help. Our hope is that this support will alleviate some of the difficulties for those impacted and help those that have been displaced,” said James Kitamura, Regional President, Personal Banking, British Columbia and Yukon Division, BMO Bank of Montreal.
In addition to this donation, BMO is helping affected customers by offering:
- Deferral of payments on certain personal loans and mortgages
- Deferral of personal credit card payments
- Fast tracking of Creditor Insurance claims for clients whose employment is impacted by the wildfires
- No holds on insurance cheques provided they are payable to the customer only and deposited in the Branch
- Business banking or commercial clients can also reach out to their BMO relationship manager for support
BMO personal banking customers looking to access relief measures are encouraged to visit www.bmo.com/relief-program. Customers can also connect in branch or by calling the Customer Contact Centre.
Those wishing to help are encouraged to donate to the Canadian Red Cross Fires Appeal online at www.redcross.ca or by calling 1-800-418-1111.
Learn more about BMO’s Community Giving.